Appointments are for 50-minutes in duration. The number of appointments required varies for each individual and can be discussed with the psychologist following the initial assessment.
- Open Care Psychology understands that everyone has different circumstances and have based our fee schedule accordingly.
- With a referral from a GP under a Mental Health Treatment Plan (MHTP), the medicare rebate for general psychology services is $84.80 per session is available for 10 sessions in a calendar year and rebate for clinical psychology services is $124.50. ***
- Lower gap fees apply for concession card holders.
- In special circumstances, fees are negotiable
- Rebates can also be obtained from most private health insurance “extras” policies.
- Sessions can be paid via eftpos, credit card or cash.
Contact your nearest clinic for further information on fees.
*** It is not necessary to obtain a referral from a GP to see a psychologist; anybody can refer themselves. However, the Medicare initiatives mean that having a referral can make therapy more affordable. If deciding to obtain a Mental Health Treatment Plan , it is helpful to tell the doctor’s receptionist that you want a referral to a psychologist as the GP needs a longer period of time to discuss the plan with you. The GP referral must be obtained prior to your first appointment to be eligible to receive the above Medicare rebates.
If you or your family member is unable to attend an appointment, please contact Open Care Psychology via phone, SMS, or email with a minimum of 24 hours notice. A cancellation fee of the full cost of a session are charged to cancellations of less than 24 hours notice.